Eastwind Sateen Organic Bamboo Bed Sheet Set
- 400 TC in sateen provides durability and a luxuriously soft feel
- Thermal regulation keeps you cool in summer and warm in winter
- Excellent moisture-wicking properties ensure you remain dry and comfortable
- Hypo-allergenic and great for sensitive skin
Eastwind Sateen Organic Bamboo Bed Sheet Set
Feel instantly relaxed in our 100% organic bamboo bed sheets for the best nights sleep you will ever experience!
For the best night's sleep, you simply must sleep with bamboo bedding! There are so many benefits of using bamboo bed sheets. First and foremost, they are breathable, so they better allow air to circulate and regulate body temperature, especially compared to cotton sheets. This means that they keep you warm in cold temperatures and cool in the warmer temperatures, making them perfect for any climate. This temperature regulating ability of bamboo sheets can lead to better quality sleep, which is what we want our sheets to help with most of all!
Features and Benefits
- 400 thread count in sateen (equivalent to 1,000 cotton thread count) provides a luxuriously smooth and soft feel and durability.
- Thermal regulation keeps youcool in summer and warm in winter.
- Excellent moisture-wicking properties ensure you remain dry and comfortable.
- Anti-bacterial so they will remain odour-free even after repeated use.
- Hypo-allergenic and great for sensitive skin.
- Generous sizing to accommodate beds of all sizes (even those with pillow-top mattress protectors). Allowance has been made during manufacturing for shrinkage.
- Set consists of one fitted sheet, one flat sheet and two pillowcases (for King, Queen and Double sizes) and one pillowcase (for King Single and Single).
Why 100% Bamboo:
- Anti-bacterial. Textiles are often in contact with microorganisms, such as bacteria or fungi, whether these microorganisms originate from the person wearing the fabric or from the external environment. These can cause such health concerns as infection, physical irritation and general fabric discomforts such as fabric rotting, or unpleasant odours. Bamboo does not need pesticides due to a natural antifungal and antibacterial agent, bamboo kun, that gives the plant resistance to pest and fungi infestation. There is evidence that antibacterial properties are present in the final product, and claims that 100% bamboo products remain odour-free after use.
- Hypo-allergenic. Great for sensitive skin and people who have allergic reactions to other chemically treated textiles. In a trial that Eastwind recently conducted of eczema sufferers significant improvement was seen when 100% bamboo sheets were used.
- Thermal regulating properties. This means that bed sheets are naturally warmer in winter and cooler in summer (by up to 2 degrees).
- Highly absorbent. Eastwind bed sheets wick moisture away from your body.
- Luxuriously soft. 100% bamboo textiles have a soft, silky texture, but without the slipperiness of silk.
- Durability. Long lasting, easy to wash and anti-static.
- Environmentally friendly. Bamboo is a fast-growing, sustainable and water efficient crop with average yields that are 3-6x greater than cotton. Most of the bamboo used to make bamboo fibre and fabric is grown in China by Jigao Chemical Fiber Company. They hold the patent on the process for turning bamboo into fibre. The bamboo is grown in accordance with the international organic standard of OCIA/IFOAM and the USDA National Organic Program to ensure each bamboo stalk is of 100% natural growth with no pesticides. All the fibre produced at the facility in China is Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certified which means that the use of chemicals in its production is below internationally accepted standards.
- Panda friendly. There are 42 species of bamboo which pandas eat but none of these species are used in the production of our bamboo textiles.
Eastwind don't consider their 100% organic bamboo products to be "delicate". However, they do require some TLC to ensure that you get continued enjoyment from them. Please make sure that you follow the care instructions detailed below.
In addition Eastwind recommend that their blankets be gently machine washed and then line dried to ensure that they maintain their wonderful silky soft feel.
This is the golden rule with all bamboo items as hot water can cause shrinkage and cold water is guaranteed not to do this. Do not fear about nasty bacteria growing in sheets and needing hot water to get rid of it. Bamboo is naturally anti-bacterial and anti-fungal so they will stay fresh even during a cold wash cycle.
Only Use Delicate Laundry Detergents & Recommended Cycle
We recommend you use gentle washing liquids or powders as they guarantee to be kind to your fabric. We recommend some of the natural ones found at your local supermarket such as the Earth Choice Wool & Delicates. You may choose to continue to use your regular detergent, just be mindful that some do contain brighteners and bleach which may have a staining effect on your sheets. Always use a gentle cycle and do not put in the same wash cycle as any abrasive fabrics. If you need to remove stains from your sheets, look for something natural from your supermarket. Again Earth's Choice has some excellent non-bleach or chlorine based products.
Rules For Drying & Making Your Sheets Crease Free.
As with just about every fabric, the most risk free results come from line drying flat and out of direct sunlight, but we know this is not always possible. If you lead a busy life and rely on your tumble drier, the good news is that you can do so as long as you dry the sheets on a cool and delicate cycle. If you like to iron your sheets, some might call you crazy, but as long as you iron on a cool setting you will be fine. If you would like the natural way of getting your sheets crease free, spread them out flat, draped over your line and the weight of them will pull the creases out.
Note: We recommend you use gentle washing liquids or powders as they guarantee to be kind to your fabric. We recommend some of the natural ones found at your local supermarket such as the Earth Choice Wool & Delicates. You may choose to continue to use your regular detergent, just be mindful that some do contain brighteners and bleach which may have a staining effect on your sheets. Always use a gentle cycle and do not put in the same wash cycle as any abrasive fabrics. If you need to remove stains from your sheets, look for something natural from your supermarket. Again Earth's Choice has some excellent non-bleach or chlorine based products.
|Size||Fitted Sheet||Flat Sheet||Pillowcase|
|Single||91 x 193 cm (40 cm drop)||195 x 260 cm||48 x 73 cm|
|King Single||107 x 203 cm (43 cm drop)||210 x 270 cm||48 x 73 cm|
|Double||137 x 193 cm (43cm drop)||240 x 260 cm||48 x 73 cm|
|Queen||152 x 203 cm (43 cm drop)||255 x 270 cm||48 x 73 cm|
|King||183 x 203 cm (43 cm drop)||285 x 270 cm||48 x 73 cm|
|Size||Single, King Single, Double, Queen, King|
|Drop||40 cm, 43 cm|
|Fabric||100% organic bamboo sateen|
|Colour||White, Ivory, Oatmeal, Simply Taupe, Natural Grey, Charcoal|
|Inclusions||1 x fitted sheet, 1 x flat sheet and 2 x pillowcases (for King, Queen and Double sizes) and 1 x pillowcase (for King Single and Single sizes)|
Share your thoughts with other customers
MVerified ReviewSuch beautiful sheetsJust fantastic such a beautiful feel (Posted on 17-09-2021)
MVerified ReviewVery smooth to touch.Lovely feel. Very smooth. I find the top sheet is too wide for my double bed. May have to cut some off. (Posted on 07-08-2021)
HVerified ReviewVery comfortable sheetsAwesome sheets (Posted on 06-07-2021)
SVerified ReviewBamboo bedsheetsThese are the most luxurious and beautiful sheets I have ever used. Like silk to touch, cool and extremely soft. Just gorgeous. (Posted on 05-03-2021)
DVerified ReviewMagicMy only complaint is that the fitted sheet is not so fitted as I don't have a deep mattress, otherwise I LOVE them (Posted on 21-02-2021)