LunaGuard Nighttime Teeth Grinding & Clenching Dental Mouth Guard
- Provides strong protection against nighttime teeth grinding and clenching (bruxism)
- Ultra thin, strong material – so thin, you’ll hardly know you’re wearing it
- Remouldable up to 20x for a perfect, quick and easy custom fit
- LunaGuard is a Night Dental Mouth Guard also known as an Occlusal Splint
- Includes storage case
LunaGuard Nighttime Teeth Grinding and Clenching Dental Guard
Performance - Comfort - Protection
The LunaGuard Nighttime Dental Guard is a teeth grinding protector that forms comfortably to your unique bite and provides strong, durable protection against grinding and clenching. It may help stop bruxism and helps you get a good night's sleep.
It is made of a unique, super strong thermoplastic material for maximum durability, featuring Absorb-X™ Technology which helps absorb and diffuse grinding forces
We have enough stress in our lives without adding the worry of ruining our teeth due to nighttime grinding and clenching (bruxism). Protect your valuable teeth, relieve the pain and get back to sleep, with LunaGuard®!
Each LunaGuard Dental Guard comes with:
- 1 x LunaGuard Dental Guard
- A storage/travel case
- Detailed moulding instructions
What is Bruxism?
It is estimated that up to 31% of the U.S. population experiences bruxism, commonly known as teeth grinding and/or jaw clenching during sleep. The impact of bruxism can be significant. However, with proper bruxism treatment and care, the potential negative impacts of bruxism can be reduced.
Signs and symptoms of bruxism may include:
- Teeth grinding or clenching, which may be loud enough to awaken your sleep partner
- Teeth that are worn down, flattened, fractured or chipped
- Jaw pain or tightness in your jaw muscles, tired jaw muscles
How can the LunaGuard® help?
The LunaGuard® Nighttime Dental Guard is indicated for use in protecting the teeth and reducing damage caused by bruxism or nighttime grinding.
PROTECTS Against Grinding and Clenching
Provides exceptional protection due to its unique design and materials. It is made of a strong thermoplastic that prevents the user from biting through the guard.
ULTRA THIN For Superior Comfort
Only 1.6 mm thick, its sleek, lightweight design allows for total comfort while sleeping, and it is so thin that it does not impede speaking, drinking or breathing.
PERFORATED for Maximum Protection with Absorb-X™ Technology
Uses unique material to diffuse and absorb grinding forces, protecting the teeth from the pressure of grinding or clenching associated with bruxism.
REMOLDABLE For a Perfect Fit
Designed for a quick and easy custom fit for optimal performance. It can be remolded (up to 20 times) if you do not get the exact fit you want during the first fitting.
How To Use LunaGuard®
What you will need:
- Ceramic or glass bowl
- Hot water (160° F/71° C)
1. Wash your hands with soap and water.
2. Heat enough water to submerge the dental guard to 160°F (71°C) (hot, but not boiling or scalding water) on the stove top or in a microwave oven. Immerse the dental guard until the material turns clear. Once it turns clear, it is soft and pliable and ready for fitting. Lift the guard with a fork.
3. Hold the soft material as shown in the picture. DO NOT LET IT FOLD ONTO ITSELF!
4. With the aid of a mirror, position the material so the solid area in the middle of the guard (the area without the holes) is against the chewing surface of your upper teeth.
Make sure enough of the material is on the outward-facing side of the teeth; the material should extend to, but not past, the gum line once fitted. Then, bite down gently and press your tongue against the material to hold it in place.
Note: Do not stretch the material when it is soft.
5. Gently mold dental guard against the outside surface of your teeth with your fingertips toward the gum line while securing the back of it with your tongue.
6. Close your lips over the dental guard and very gently create suction to ensure a snug fit. Then, wait 5 minutes for the material to fully harden before removing the dental guard.
Note: Do not suck too hard; too much suction can create an overtight fit and difficulty in removing.
7. To remove the dental guard, grasp the top front edge with fingertips of both hands and pull down gently to release.
Note: If you wear braces, you must have the bite guard fitted by your orthodontist or dentist. DO NOT TRY TO FIT IT ON YOUR OWN.
|Item Weight||0.19 kg|
|Dimensions||19 x 16.5 x 8.8 cm|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I clean my LunaGuard®?
A: Gently clean the LunaGuard® with a mild soap and lukewarm water, or with a toothbrush and non-whitening toothpaste. Thoroughly rinse and dry before storing in the convenient storage case. Store your dental guard at room temperature under dry conditions.
Q: How long will the LunaGuard® last?
A: You can use the LunaGuard® for up to 180 days if you clean it regularly. Some users like to replace their bite guard every 90 days as a matter of personal preference.
Q: Can I use this on my lower teeth instead of on my top teeth?
A: Yes. It will protect just as well on the bottom or top teeth. Note: Some users find that the bite guard snaps into place and stays more secure on the top teeth, as opposed to the bottom teeth. We recommend using it on the top teeth.
Q: The LunaGuard® doesn't reach/cover all of my rear teeth. Will those teeth still be protected from grinding and clenching?
A: Yes. The LunaGuard® Nighttime Dental Guard is designed to fit most mouth sizes and not be so large or long that it causes issues with gagging. In it's current size, the guard should provide/maintain a gap that prevents any potential uncovered teeth in the rear of the mouth (teeth that aren't covered by the guard) from touching.
Q: Can I use the LunaGuard® if I have Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) syndrome?
Yes. The Lunaguard® is perfectly safe to use if you suffer from TMJ. While not specifically indicated to treat TMJ, the Lunaguard® will help protect teeth from the forces of bruxism (grinding or clenching of the teeth).
The LunaGuard™ Nighttime Dental Protector (Bite Guard) is supplied by McKeon Products, Inc - a health care products provider for over 50 years. Since 1962, McKeon Products, Inc. has led the retail ear care industry with its #1-selling Mack's® ear plug and ear care brand.
Today, McKeon manufactures a full range of health care products for consumers, including the LunaGuard™ nighttime dental protector from the makers of Mack's. The Mack's® line of products also includes earplugs, ear drying aids, earwax removal aids, nasal dilators, sleep masks, musicians ear plugs, ear muffs, and screen/lens wipes.
Share your thoughts with other customers