Fairydown 50% White Duck Down Quilt Duvet
- Offers pure and natural sleep with it's 50% white duck down and 50% feather
- Creates balance of high-quality cosy comfort and warmth
- Features square quilting for maximum loft
- Provides optimum warmth during cooler months
- Soft and comfortable premium 100% cotton cover
Fairydown 50% White Duck Down Quilt Duvet
Pure and Natural Sleep
The Fairydown 50% White Duck Down Quilt Duvet offers a luxurious blend of premium duck down and feathers for comfort and warmth. Crafted to the highest standard, using premium quality, ethically sourced duck feather and down, this duvet is naturally soft and lightweight, with a medium level of warmth.
The 50% fluffy, duck down is combined with 50% quality duck feathers to create symmetry in weight, insulation and comfort. The balance of high quality duck down and feather creates cosy comfort and warmth with a lightweight feel.
- Filled with 50% white duck down & 50% duck feather
- Medium warmth, for cooler seasons
- 100% cotton, 290 thread count cover
- Square quilting for maximum loft
- Fixed box stitching for minimum movement
- Finished with twin needle stitching
- Satin polyester piping
- Fairydown woven pip tab
Features and Benefits
Feather & Down
50% WHITE DUCK DOWN
Down is the light fluffy coating found beneath the feathers of geese and ducks. Down is a three dimensional cluster with dozens of soft, fine filaments that radiate from its centre.
Lighter than a feather, down is responsible for generating insulation and warmth. Down creates warmth through a process called 'lofting'. More down clusters mean higher loft, consequently creating a warmer product.
50% WHITE DUCK FEATHER
Feathers are the rigid plumage found on the outside of ducks and geese. They have a flat appearance and are two dimensional in construction.
As a two-dimensional structure, feathers are unable to trap air effectively and have little insulation value. The main purpose of feathers in bedding is to provide weight, bulk and support.
Why Down is a Premium Bedding Material
• Generates warmth with a minimum use of weight - Per volume and weight, down is the lightest and warmest natural insulator known to man. As down expands to fill space, it generates warmth with a minimum use of weight.
• Keeping you warm in winter and cool in summer - Down has the ability to absorb the moisture we release in our sleep and pass it off into the atmosphere. This ensures you are cosy but not clammy. Down's ability to breathe means it can regulate and achieve a comfortable temperature between you and your bedding.
• Maintains a healthy sleeping environment - Fairydown uses 100% cotton covers, which is the preferred and most popular type of fabric used on feather and down products. As a natural fibre, cotton complements feather and down by allowing it to breathe.
• Boxed Construction - The layers of cotton casing are stitched right through together in a grid of square compartments. Each compartment is sealed so feather and down filling cannot move between the compartments.
Fairydown is a heritage brand where quality is everything
The brand was founded in the Kaikorai Valley on the South Island of New Zealand over 140 years ago.
The extreme weather conditions that front the South Island have paved a natural path for the development of Fairydown. In 1920, Fairydown made the Southern Hemisphere's first down sleeping bag.
Thirty-three years later, Sir Edmund Hillary used Fairydown sleeping bags on the world's first successful ascent to the peak of Mount Everest. From day one, we have surpassed Mother Nature's extremities, and over time we have evolved our products to support modern explorers, as well as the everyday advocates of warmth, comfort and quality.
With a vision to be recognised globally as a distinctive New Zealand brand, we continue to deliver premium and natural bedding to the rest of the world.
|Size||Dimensions||Total Fill Weight|
|Queen||210 x 210 cm||850 grams|
|King||245 x 210 cm||1000 grams|
|Super King||265 x 210 cm||1080 grams|
All Fairydown products have a care label attached to their casing. For specific information on the care of your Fairydown product, please refer to this label.
Airing your feather and down bedding in direct sunlight* every 4-6 weeks will ensure any moisture absorbed can be released. Regular airing will also increase the performance and longevity of your duvet. It is very important that feather and down is kept dry in order for it to loft to its maximum potential.
Feather and down bedding should be shaken regularly to rejuvenate the down clusters and restore loft. An ideal time to do this is when making the bed each day
We recommend dry-cleaning feather and down bedding with a reputable dry cleaner every 12-18 months. Dry cleaning will remove surface stains and cleanse the down clusters of body oils, which hinder its performance and inhibit its ability to loft.
Fairydown was founded in the Kaikorai Valley on the South Island of New Zealand in 1877. Fairydown has a strong connection to the New Zealand landscape, climate, and people.
In 1920, Fairydown made the Southern Hemisphere's first down sleeping bag. Thirty-three years later, Sir Edmund Hillary used Fairydown sleeping bags on the world's first successful ascent to the peak of Mount Everest. From day one, Fairydown have surpassed Mother Nature's extremities, and over time Fairydown have evolved our products to support modern explorers, as well as the everyday advocates of warmth, comfort and quality.
|Quilt Size||Queen, King, Super King|
|Care Instruction||Dry Clean Only|
|Fill Weight||Queen - 850 grams
King - 1000 grams
Super King - 1080 grams
|Cover||100% cotton, 290 thread count cover|
|Material||50% white duck down and 50% white duck feather|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||5 Years Warranty|
Share your thoughts with other customers